Monday 28 February 2011

Scanography

Wow! Who knew you could even do this? Scanography has been called the poor man's large format style of photography. All it basically is, you "photograph" your object by placing it on a flatbed scanner and activate the scan via your editing program. Wow! I'm still excited at what you can achieve. Of course, my first subject is flowers... These are my first attempts at scanography. I really must read up a bit more on this. What I'm wondering though, is just what other unusual forms of photography are out there that I don't know about...


Scanograph Dahlias II

Scanograph Rose I

Scanograph Dahlias

Scanograph Rose II

Scanograph Rose III

Scanograph Tulips

4 comments:

drew said...

How are you getting the black background? That'd be totally useful for compositing/clipping.

Unknown said...

Hey there Drew, I'm using black card to lay over the flowers. Then when I'm importing the scan using PS, I can change the settings (contrast & curves), then in PS I can further darken the background using level and curve layer masks. And you're right, it would be totally useful for compositing/clipping!

Mike said...

Inspiring work with the scanner.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Mike - I appreciate you taking the time to look. :)

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble