Friday 14 October 2011

I'm Sorry, But What Season is This?


I'm a little confused. My calendar tells me that this is mid October, yet I'm still wearing winter woollies. Normally at this time of year, I would expect soaring blue skies and temperatures in the low to mid 20's. Yet today, like many days this week and last week and the week before, the temperature struggles to get to 20 degrees and it's bleak and dreary.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the mist and fog, but it does get a little tedious. I can really only recall a couple of fine Spring days so far this season, the rest really have been quite blergh. This afternoon I ventured out and about and went for a bit of a bush walk. There are only so many hours you can spend indoors.

I used the Lensbaby Composer with f5.6 aperture disk then converted to black and white in PS. The abstract colour images were various grasses and bushland, and the effect was achieved in-camera.

I hope that wherever you are in the world, your weather is a little brighter, sunnier and cheerier than the weather I'm currently experiencing.


~ waiting for the sun to start shining ~ 

  mist & fog in springtime_2 

  mist & fog in springtime_3 

  mist & fog in springtime_4 

  mist & fog in springtime_5 
 
  mist & fog in springtime_10 

  spring abstract_6 

  spring abstract_7 

  spring abstract_8 

  spring abstract_9

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Those images are fabulous Adriana, the second one looks like a real vintage Blue Mountains image/postcard and the grass ones are exquisite abstracts, as for the weather; you get that... ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Matt, that was just the effect I was trying to convey by converting them to B&W and also using the lensbaby with its wonderful blur :)

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble