Saturday 23 June 2012

Week 24 ~ Sunset

 Week 24 ~ Sunset
Already a week behind and just when I had caught up with these posts! I really don't know how time is running away like this, as it feels as though it was only yesterday that I was caught up with things. I think with everything we juggle these days, our family, friends, work, hobbies - time just slips by at an ever increasing rate.

The theme for the week was sunset, and it's a shame that in the whole 7 day window, we didn't experience one of the glorious sunsets we had been seeing only a few short weeks ago. I was on my way from A to B when I realised that if I didn't stop and shoot this sunset, I wouldn't get another chance before the due date. I'm being a bit of a stickler with this project, as I want to shoot a new image for each week, rather than use an existing image (have I already mentioned that? who knows, as I can't remember what I was doing or saying on monday...)

Several weeks ago, I won an Olympus Pen E-PM1 in a HeadOn Portrait Festival photography competition, and I used it to take this photo. I have no idea about the camera settings, as I haven't had much of a chance to work out how  the controls works. And really, who has time to read the instructions... So, it's not much to look at, but it was the best I could grab in the small window of opportunity I had.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Egads, could you add any more self-deprecatory remarks? Congratulations on winning the camera, Adriana, and for adhering to your schedule as best you can. That's a lovely sky (didn't you learn how to market yourself?). I'm not a marketer. I have read that people perceive the way you describe something, or at least can be influenced.
And now, I'll probably lose this comment. Here goes.

Unknown said...

Hey Jan, I love reading your comments and feedback. Your words are always appreciated and welcomed :) So I guess you'll probably be aghast to know that I majored in marketing at uni all those years ago! And you're right, my tone was quite harsh, but I treat this blog almost as a journal; to document what it is that I'm doing and why I'm doing it. Then if I forget what I've done, or someone else finds it useful, here it is recorded for all to see. As for the actual sunset - I have to say, it's still disappointing - yes the colour is lovely, but it's quite a serene dusk sky rather than the dramatic ones we had been having lately. Also, it's not the most picturesque spot to stop and take a sunset shot. I start with grand plans, then time and commitments and the weather alter those plans, and so I learn to make do. That's all part of the learning process. Would I hang this on my wall at home (no), is this "Art" (no), or merely an exercise in ticking off a brief and doing better next time... :) x

Jan Timmons said...

What a hoot! Majored in marketing? Just not how to market yourself, eh? I do understand about documenting, now, however. I'll try not to rag you too much ;)

Unknown said...

Yep - in marketing! I'm too shy to "market" myself - although there I am with a blog, a website, a twitter account, I'm on google+, on various websites...ell me that counts for something - LOL! But yes, the primary aim of this blog is to document and talk out loud. I find that saying that you "blog" is more acceptable to saying you "talk out loud to yourself", so I'll stick to blogging ;)

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble