Saturday 29 January 2011

The magical world in the upturned glass

The challenge was set and the keyword was “glass”. It could be interpreted in any way, and having seen an early entry, I almost didn’t bother. How could I compete with that...and then I got to thinking - what’s the point of a challenge if I give up so easily? That wouldn’t be the spirit of it, so it was time to think hard and give it a go. Each day I would formulate an idea in my head whilst working out if I could pull it off, trying all the while to build the image in my head. In the end, I decided to pursue a dandelion idea as there was a perfect one in our lawn. Thanks to some butterfly stock over at Deviantart and quite a few adjustment layers, I’m happy with the result – a magical world in an upturned schooner glass!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Its refreshing to see that you didnt give up on the challenge despite thinking you didnt stand a chance after seeing an earlier entry. You did good! and you had a go. That to me, is the most important thing. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Tracy, I appreciate your comment; sometimes that's what it's all about - just getting out there and having a go :-)

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble